The Future Planning Studio
Creating Vision Out of Chaos
This studio session will push your team to consider disruptive factors that are not likely ‘ifs’, but ‘whens’, in order to prototype several Future States that allow your team to consider alternative revenue models, customer segments, and operating principles.
This Digital Studio session is for you if…
- You need to reinvent your business model in order to survive and thrive in a new economic reality.
- You have spent the past 8+ weeks with your head down focused on reacting to external factors and know you need to also be thinking about what’s next and how to prepare for it.
- You want to engage a small group of diverse minds for ideas and considerations for future team, department, or business-wide changes.
- You love dreaming big and responding to various “what if” types of questions. Business existentialism doesn’t scare you!
Your teams will work on and leave with the following deliverables:
- A Disruptive Scenarios Model that clearly articulates 4x extreme worlds that your business should be equipped to navigate
- 4 Future State Prototypes that responds to each of the Disruptive Scenarios
- TDG’s Reinvention Inspiration Deck with curated prompts and ‘what if’ scenarios to spark future-state thinking with your team on a regular basis
- A Current State Action Plan that translates the extreme scenarios into a prioritized set of products, services, and marketing tactics you should start exploring now to de-risk your business
- 50+ Low-fidelity Raw Ideas for new offerings, business models, marketing tactics in response to each of the disrupting scenarios
Facilitated activities include:
- Disruptive Scenarios: Identify extreme scenarios and factors that could unfold for your organization and assess the implications of each
- Business Model Ideation: Explore options to diversify your revenue streams in each of these extreme scenarios you identified
- Customer of the Future: Anticipate the rapidly changing needs of your customers and consider new customer groups based on the disruptive scenarios
- Taking Action on Trends: Leverage near, medium, and long term trend projections to inform ideas and scenario responses
- Future State Prototyping: Map out possible future states in order to identify assumptions, opportunity indicators, and impact on the organization
Optional pre-work to super charge your Studio Session:
- Current State Assessment: What are your current knowns and unknowns a team or business (we’ll give you a template and reflection prompts)
- Industry and company specific trends to inform your scenario planning
- Immerse your team in some TDG curated inspiration wildly outside of your day to day work (ex. science fiction that paints new scenarios of relationships, communications, etc.)
Interested? Contact us today!