27 Mar Interested in Becoming a Lead Trainer?
We’re thrilled to announce that we’re looking to expand our team of Lead Trainers!
The role of a Lead Trainer is a combination of strategist, front of room trainer and project/client relationship manager. Engagements include teaching public workshops (3-hour evening and 1-2 day sessions); leading corporate training sessions (2-3 day sessions); defining and facilitating client design sprints (typically 5-12 weeks); and providing strategic direction on consulting projects related to change management, organizational design and culture development. Trainers also collaborate with The Design Gym team to create new learning experiences, tools and resources; write blog posts; and participate in community events (i.e. panel discussions).
Who Are The Design Gym Lead Trainers
We believe that collaboration with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences leads to more interesting solutions, and we want to lead by example with the Lead Trainers that we bring to each project.
The Design Gym Lead Trainers are professionals actively practicing and teaching design thinking in their fields—on internal teams of Fortune 500 companies, inside of top innovation agencies, or as consultants on the front lines. They work with The Design Gym on a freelance basis teaching workshops and training sessions, facilitating design sprints and developing content.
What Qualifications Are Needed To Be a Lead Trainer
In addition to your interesting passion projects, wild adventure stories and past lives, we’re looking for people who have at least 7+ years in roles that have involved:
- Working in-house or at an agency in the field on design-thinking /human-centered design, bringing products/services to life
- Leading professional development trainings for public or corporate environments
- Facilitating teams in workshop settings as well as long-term projects
- Scope definition, project planning/management and client management
- Organizational design or change management consulting
How To Apply
If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to learn about you and see if our working styles align. Send your CV along with responses to the following questions to [email protected].
- Tell us why you are interested and what makes you a good fit for the role.
- Tell us about a recent design project that you were involved in. What was your role, approach, team structure, and outcomes?
- What have been some of your key learning moments over the years solving design challenges and facilitating people?
- Share a link(s) to something that you’ve written or can share with us.
- What’s something that has inspired you recently and why?
We look forward to hearing from you!
As a bit of background, The Design Gym helps organizations and individuals adopt the practices of Design Thinking to create a more creative and collaborate culture. We do this through leading public workshops, corporate trainings, facilitating design sprints, building community, and driving culture change within companies ranging from Fortune 500s to startups and non-profits.