09 Mar Announcing Two New Offerings Dropping This Month: The Practice Lab + TDG Panel Series
We’ve been heads down the past few months at The Design Gym working on building out our team and developing some new products. A few weeks ago we let you know about the new Lead Trainer Community. We are now immensely excited to announce two new in-person offerings dropping this month: The Practice Lab and The Design Gym Panel Series.
Building creative muscle memory before taking your skills into the real world.
There is a critical step that exists between learning design thinking and actually leading it in your organization—practice! The Practice Lab is a 3-hour nighttime offering which creates a safe and supportive environment to practice design thinking skills early and often.
Practice labs are about 10% teaching, 80% practicing, and 10% reflecting. Here’s what you can expect in each one:
- A Lead Trainer who has honed their expertise of that skill many times in real world scenarios
- Going deep on a skill related to design thinking, facilitation and sketching (ex. interviewing skills, facilitating ideation sessions, etc…)
- Spending a lot of time practicing! (though we’ll still give you a little theory)
- Practicing activities solo and with a group
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Debriefing on your own and with the group to share best practices
Interested in attending a practice lab? Sign-up today:
Facilitation Practice Lab: Preparing & Planning for Creative Collaboration
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Design Thinking Practice Lab: Problem Seeing vs. Problem Solving—How to Plan Design Thinking Projects
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Have ideas for Practice Lab topics you’d like to see? Let us know!
Learning how others tackle creative working.
Back by popular demand from our prototypes at Design Taco, we’re rolling out a steady calendar of monthly nighttime Panel Events. These panels take specific topics related to creative working and pull together 4-5 people who are tackling that topic in wildly different applications.
Past panels have included things like “Customizing Your Customer Experience” and “Collaborators before Competitors: Rethinking Partnerships,” featuring admired organizations like OXO, Canary, Chipotle, Etsy, DonorsChoose.org, and more.
Here’s what you can expect at each panel event:
- A set of high-profile panelists on the cutting edge of building creative cultures
- A standard panel Q&A session as well as breakout small-group conversations where you will get to connect directly with panelists
- A delicious catered dinner (yes – a REAL dinner) and wine/beer. Because you can’t take yourself too seriously when we break bread together. And that’s just how we roll.
Interested in joining? Sign-up today:
Designing Culture: Strategies for bringing creativity to your organization
Thursday, March 31, 2016
Fighting Fires and Lighting Fires: Balancing Productivity and Creativity
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
The Future of Work: How to Optimize Your Org Structure for Innovation
Thursday, June 23, 2016