- This event has passed.
Facilitation Master Class + Experience Design
December 11, 2014 @ 9:30 am - December 12, 2014 @ 6:00 pm
Over two intense days we’ll cover two of the most essential topics any design or business leader needs: Facilitation and Experience Design. You can register for either workshop alone or come to both days for a $25 discount!
December 11th, 9:30 AM to 6:00PM
You’ll work in small groups to learn fresh skills on group facilitation, planning and management, as well as deeper experience with each. This Master class isn’t a day of us talking at you, it’s a day of practical exercises and discussions to prepare you for better meeting management.
December 12th, 10:00 AM to 5:00PM
We’ll cover the essentials of User Experience Design and Strategy, covering topics in digital and physical experience design. We’ll cover the 5 key deliverables of a good experience design strategy, the 5Es of Experience design and how to handle them and give you practical experience in using them in a group setting.
FACILITATION FOCUS POINTS
- Diagnose your current facilitation style
- Using your full Vocal Range
- Icebreakers and energy in the room
- Measuring group dynamics on the fly
- Active Listening
- Visual facilitation
- Maintaining energy (especially during ideation and brainstorming sessions)
- Balancing solo time and group thinking
- Handling Tough people, transitional questions
- Open, Explore and Close: Creating Experience Arcs
- Forming and developing a personal toolkit of Design Thinking skills
- A modular approach to implementing and using the process in your work
- The Five Phases of Design Thinking and how to manage them
EXPERIENCE DESIGN FOCUS POINTS
- The Five Key Deliverables of a User Experience Design Strategy
- Content Inventories and Strategies
- User-centered Information Architecture
- Workflows and how to use them
- System Mapping
- Data Loops and Viral Loops
- The 5Es of Experience Design and how to manage them
- User Experience Sketching and Wireframing Essentials
You might want to take a look at our refund and cancellation policy!