- This event has passed.
Facilitation Master Class
September 19, 2014 @ 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Over one intense day, we’ll take a small group of Design Gym enthusiasts and prepare them to run groups large and small. At the end of the day, you’ll be ready to run groups on your own and with others.
You’ll walk away with fresh skills on group facilitation, planning and management, as well as deeper experience with each. This Master class insn’t a day of us talking at you, it’s a day of practical exercises and discussions to prepare you for better meeting management.
In addition, this class is a critical checkpoint in becoming eligible to begin running events and classes with The Design Gym on your own. After successfully completing this course and doing some practice workshops with us, we will begin feeding you exciting opportunitities to work on projects and events, from running our weekend and day-long bootcamps, to creating and running your own workshops.
- Diagnose your current facilitation style
- Using your full Vocal Range
- Icebreakers and energy in the room
- Measuring group dynamics on the fly
- Active Listening
- Visual facilitation
- Maintaining energy (especially during ideation and brainstorming sessions)
- Balancing solo time and group thinking
- Handling Tough people, transitional questions
- Open, Explore and Close: Creating Experience Arcs
- Forming and developing a personal toolkit of Design Thinking skills
- A modular approach to implementing and using the process in your work
- The Five Phases of Design Thinking and how to manage them
You might want to take a look at our refund and cancellation policy!