- This event has passed.
Design Gym Studio Project
February 3, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - February 17, 2014 @ 9:15 pm
LEARN BY DOING
Have you taken some of our classes but are looking for more room to practice? Are you new to Design Thinking and want to start changing your own work process?
Over the course of three evenings, you’ll dig into a real challenge alongside a client team, getting a real time, real life opportunity to learn design thinking in practice.
You’ll build a research and insights plan collaboratively, and get feedback and insights as you go. At the end of the three session class, you’ll have your own case study on bringing a concept from research through insights and strategy.
Between classes, you and your team will work together to execute on your research plan, and do real-world customer and stakeholder research. Each week we’ll move through the phases of design – at the end, developing a series of insights, concepts and pitches to your client.
WHAT IS A STUDIO PROJECT?
A Studio Project is a chance to work over a longer period of time with a team, under creative direction. Each week will build on the next and the work will be highly collaborative. It’s the closest we can get to simulating working in an innovation lab and will help you bring these techniques into your own work.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
In this class, participants will get a deeper understanding of how each phase of design works and how to navigate them, in practice.
Week One: Examine
- Different types of design research
- Understanding what types of research to use when
- Research planning: who to talk to, when to talk, where to talk, how many to talk to, what to talk about.
Week Two: Understand:
- How to turn research into useful strategies and insights
- How to collaboratively build alignment on project scope and direction
Week Three: Ideate/Experiment/Distil
- How to move from insights to Ideas
- Ideation tools and techniques
- Rapid prototyping
- The types of prototyping and key tools to use in each
- User testing and feedback
- Synthesis and Redesign
- Storytelling essentials and concept boards
Used together, the phases of design will help you and your team work through problems and design sprints quickly and much, much more fluidly. The phases of design provide a powerful lens and mindset for any project: Designing a physical or digital product, service or customer experience, while bringing a deeper level of humanity and collaboration to your working style.
You might want to take a look at our refund and cancellation policy!